Do you have a piece you’d like to develop further?
Do you have a piece you’d like to see produced and showcased in front of a live supportive audience?
VanTap Fest is experimenting with a new program to help support and cultivate tap and related cultural dance makers. This year we’re launching the Cultivate Dance Initiative with a call for submissions.
The 2020 Cultivate Dance Initiative is an exciting opportunity to see your work supported and produced in a professional venue as part of VanTap Fest.
- Call for submissions OPEN: February 1st
- Call for submissions CLOSE: April 3rd (11:59pm Pacific Time)
- Development Time: August 17-26th
- Performance Dates: August 27th or 28th
What this Program Provides:
- Up to 20 hours of rehearsal time to further develop the piece (August 17-26th)
- Studio rehearsal time with the stage manager prior to the day of the performance
- Fully produced performance with basic sound and lights at THE ANNEX (August 27th or 28th)
- Professional Stage Manager to call your piece
- In theatre tech rehearsal time on the day of the performance
- VanTap provided tap dance performance floor (hard wood with venue-appropriate amplification)
- Listings in Festival Website, Program, and relevant public advertisements
- Creative mentorship with VanTap Artistic Director, Andrew Nemr
What this Program does not provide:
- Support for travel, lodging, or any additional stipends.
- Genre: Tap dance-centric or related cultural dance
- Readiness: Must be performance ready
- Length: minimum 15 minutes.
- Cast size: no limit
- Live musicians are welcome
- NOTE: You must have work samples of the piece you are submitting
Frequently Asked Questions
What does performance ready mean?
Performance ready means the content of the piece is complete. You may have never performed the piece or performed it many times. You may be wanting to change a few things, or add a component (like a musician, or particular lighting). Regardless, the piece, as it stands, could be performed.