Take the stage with international and local Guest Artists at the 20th Anniversary Gala!!
The Vancouver International Tap Dance Festival will be holding it’s 20th Anniversary Gala on Saturday August 31st, 2019. To help celebrate the past two decades, we are looking talented artists to take the stage and perform alongside our stellar lineup of guest artists.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: June 23rd (11:59pm)
How it works:
- Submit a video of your proposed piece to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submitted videos will be posted on VanTap’s YouTube Channel.
- ROUND 1: Public Voting will commence for two weeks.
- The top five videos with the most likes will be selected for the next round.
- ROUND 2: The top five videos will be voted on by a panel of select Guest Artists.
- Final Announcements will be made as to who will get to Take the Stage!
- June 23rd, 2019, Deadline to Submit Video
- June 24th-July 5th, Two Weeks of Online Voting
- Panel of Guest Artists Review Top Five Videos
- July 12th, Decisions Announced
Submission Email Should Include the Following:
- Contact Name and Information (email and phone)
- Name of the Choreographer
- Name of Dancers Performing the Piece
- Name of the Piece
- Appropriate Music Credits: Title, Artist, etc.
- The actual video file OR a link to a downloadable video file
Other Rules and Guidelines:
- All ages are welcome to apply.
- Dancers from all over the world are welcome to apply.
- Pieces must be tap dance-centric (that is have a major tap dance component), but may include other forms of dance.
- Pieces should be no longer than 6min.
- The piece submitted must be the piece you intend to perform if accepted.
- Submitter must be the choreographer, or have permission of the choreographer to submit the piece.
- Pieces may be solos, duos, trios, or groups.
- All decisions are final.
Contact Us with any questions or considerations.